Air Quality Index (AQI) widget for all of your devices
|Version String:||2.2 (51)|
|Architecture:||Intel & AppleSilicon(ARM)|
|Minimum OS:||macOS 11.1|
|Vendor Name:||Karbon Works LLC|
Version History 2.2 (51)
In this release:
• Fixed an issue where the “use pure black in dark mode” setting made dark mode widgets permanently pure black, even if you toggled the setting off. This fix required resetting that UI preference, but it works correctly now you can can toggle it again if you’d like!
• Fixed an issue where you couldn’t clear an API key if it was invalid if iCloud syncing was enabled for Breathable
Recently, in versions 2.0 and 2.1:
• More accurate widget timestamps and data fetching behavior!
• Support for new widget sizes and futuristic versions of operating systems!
Breathable is a simple, friendly Air Quality Index (AQI) widget for all of your devices, with support for iOS, iPadOS and macOS.
A portion of proceeds from the sale of this app will be donated to one of several climate change foundations, including:
• Clean Air Task Force (catf.us)
• Climate Change Emergency Fund (climateemergencyfund.org)
• Union of Concerned Scientists (ucsusa.org)
Read more → breathable.app/donations
Air quality has become an increasing concern for many people around the globe. While stressing about it constantly isn't necessarily helpful, the goal of the Breathable widget is to provide a quick, glanceable answer to a new daily question: Is it safe to go outside?
Breathable can use AQI data from two services: IQAir.com and, optionally, AirNow.gov (in the USA). Both of these services offer free accounts and API access for personal use. Breathable uses the United States Air Quality Index for all values world-wide.
AQI is based on latitude and longitude coordinates and Breathable makes it simple to find coordinates for any area using device's current location, or by selecting a place on the world map. Additionally, users in the USA can optionally search by zip code. Coordinates are only used to request AQI data and are never shared with Karbon or any other third-parties.
Customize how your widgets look by changing fonts, showing or hiding various bits of information, or by using Breathable's Emoji Scale to soften the reality of the smoky air around you.
Simply create your free API account, set your location, configure your widget, and add it to your device. Optionally, sync your API keys to iCloud to enable one-time API setup across all of your devices.
We wish Breathable didn't need to exist. Climate change is real and devastating, and we don't have much time left to stop it from becoming irreversible. Read. Get involved. Let's protect our planet and ourselves.