Personal financial management application focused on privacy
|Version String:||2022.4 (4087)|
|Architecture:||Intel & AppleSilicon(ARM)|
|Minimum OS:||macOS 10.11|
|Vendor Name:||The Infinite Kind Limited|
Version History 2022.4 (4087)
Welcome to the single most significant update to Moneydance in our twenty-three-year history! Rather than dump a giant list of changes in your lap, let's start with our three tentpole features for Moneydance 2022:
Moneydance+. Now with a single click, you can seamlessly download all of your transactions from tens of thousands of banks and credit card accounts. It even works with PayPal and Wise.com! Moneydance+ accesses an order of magnitude more banks than Moneydance has ever supported, and we're excited to roll it out initially for US and Canadian bank, credit card, and investment accounts, with the EU and UK soon to follow.
iCloud Drive Syncing. For years, we've heard that many Apple customers would prefer to drop Dropbox and sync using the iCloud Drive that was built-in to their Macs. With this update, Moneydance for Mac can finally do precisely that. We’ll be releasing updates to the iPhone and iPad apps shortly. Dropbox syncing will still be available, but there will be an even more seamless sync setup experience on Apple devices.
Finally, we've noticed how many customers loved Kevin Stembridge's Money Foresight extension, which helps you budget and predict balances based on transaction reminders. It's a great way to plan recurringly scheduled expenses and income. With Kevin's help, we've incorporated the feature into the Foresight tools within Moneydance. Check it out for a beautiful new way to plan your financial life!
We know you’re going to love the new features. As usual, you can purchase Moneydance with a one-off payment, and it’s yours to keep, forever, with no sunsetting of features.
Oh, and there were also a ton of the usual minor improvements and bug fixes. Here are the ones that fit:
* Download Moneydance+ transactions from multiple source accounts, for example PayPal and a bank account
* Improved feedback (window shake and select password) when an incorrect password has been entered
* Download button is always enabled and shows all download options plus option to set up downloads
* Added window when restoring a .moneydancearchive file, providing the options to rename the restored file and keep or reset sync settings
* The escape key now hides various dialog and prompt windows by default
* Improved backup speed
* Show all decimal places for prices in Net Worth and Portfolio reports
* Improve currency/security history window calculation that determines whether an edited price was changed
* Improved currency and security list window, including more useful display and remembering their size and position
* Fix high contrast theme in which secondary text had the same color as the default
* Case-insensitive sorting of accounts, categories, graphs, reports, securities, and currencies
* Fix sorting by category in registers by clicking on column header
* When downloading transactions, we now ensure the requested start date/time is the first second of the day, and never in the future
* Double-clicking a transaction in the Advanced Find window now shows the transaction in the account in which it was entered
* New securities now default to 5 decimal places (was 4)
* Improvements and bug fixes to Investment Transactions and Transaction Filter reports, including a new category filter option
* Show extension list download errors inline in the extensions window
* Improved status updates when downloading and de-duplicating transactions
* Automatic date axis labels in graphs
* Allow saving reports to CSV with a Byte Order Mark ("CSV, Encoded for Excel")
* Improved handling of rare encryption errors in older parts of some data files
* Fixed a bug when importing some CSV files which contain multi-level category names, such as "Entertainment:Coding"
* Added loan accounts to income/expenses graph options
* Improve popup behaviour for transaction entry fields, including appearance and keyboardability
* Inactive accounts can now be selected in Transaction Filter report and Advanced Find window
Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that protects your privacy while not skimping on features. It supports online banking and bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs and reports, and much more.
Most financial software provides the 'service' of uploading your online banking login information to their (or worse, a third party's) cloud service. These services keep your login information and access your financial transactions. Moneydance uses strong end-to-end encryption, meaning the only people who can see your data are yourself and your bank.
∞ SUMMARY SCREEN
The summary screen is an overview of your entire financial picture. Account balances, a calendar of scheduled transactions and reminders, investment account status, exchange rates, and stock quotes, all at a glance.
∞ ONLINE BANKING
Moneydance can download transactions and send payments through hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. See https://infinitekind.com/fi for the full list of supported banks. Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for their services.
Moneydance 2019 introduces an embedded browser so that you can download transactions from any bank with a web site from within the app. Any downloaded data is imported and cleaned up automatically. No need to jump out to a browser, download files, and then manually load them.
∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS
The account register is used to add, edit, and delete transactions in an account. Balance calculations and transaction sorting are done automatically. Payee auto-completion makes it ridiculously easy to enter and categorize your transactions, while the quick-search field helps find those needles in the haystack.
Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices are automatically.
Easily schedule future or recurring transactions so you'll never miss a payment.
Generate visual reports of your income, expenses, budgets, and investments. Flexible parameters let you customize your reports by period, tags, categories, accounts, and more. Mouse over regions of graphs or double-click on report cells to reveal details. Easily save graphs and reports to images or html files, or memorize their settings for quick access.
Set spending and income targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the summary screen or in graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed 'envelope method' to specify expenses for each period and your status is shown with over-budget items highlighted.
Enable syncing to share your data across computers or mobile devices. Keep up-to-date with partners or accountants over end-to-end encrypted channels for the ultimate security.
∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY
Type a transaction description into the search field to have Moneydance cleverly fill in the details. For example, typing '1.23 sta' will suggest a transaction at Starbucks with the 'Coffee' category and the last account you used at Starbucks.
Attach images, PDFs, and other files to transactions by dragging them into the register. Attachments are stored fully encrypted, but clicking its icon will decrypt and open it appropriate application.
Use the (free) Moneydance mobile app while on the go to record or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with end-to-end encryption across all of your devices.