Langenscheidt Dictionaries 8.7.510
45 Langenscheidt dictionaries for 13 languages
|Minimum OS:||macOS 10.7|
|Vendor Name:||Langenscheidt GmbH & Co. KG|
Version History 8.7.510
This app is no longer available on the 'Mac App Store', may have been discontinued by its vendor and may be unavailable for download.
45 Langenscheidt dictionaries for 13 languages available for in-app purchase
Full wordlist and 100 sample translations of each dictionary to preview before buying
The app allows a quick and easy navigation and for you to try out any of the 45 Langenscheidt dictionaries. Experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features. In order to take full advantage of your digital dictionary, we recommend the purchase of an upper-level Standard, Professional or Expert series dictionary.
Search and translate features:
• Search through dictionary headwords.
• Fulltext search mode – includes examples of how to use a word.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are not sure about exact spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the letters you are unsure about.
• The Morphology module can translate words in any grammatical form (for English, French, Spanish and Russian dictionaries only).
• Look up any desired word without leaving that application.
• Search through Favorites.
• Search history - all looked up and viewed words/phrases are saved in the History.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers (available for English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages).
• Irregular verbs.
• Word forms.
• Quick access to virtual keyboard.
• Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
Dictionary compatibility: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and higher, including the latest OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
About Langenscheidt Publishing Group
The Langenscheidt Publishing Group is best known for its area of core competence: dictionaries and language learning material in various formats and on several media. Langenscheidt sets the highest editorial and production standards for all the products it publishes. The corporate logo, a blue “L” on a yellow background, is instantly recognized by many people all over the world.